Home Remedies for LeucodermaLeucoderma or vitiligo is a rare skin disorder where the skin loses its melanin content which results in the formation of white spots and white patches on skin. White spots and white patches usually appear on the face, neck, wrist, back, underarms, and hands etc. A number of factors can be linked to leucoderma such as stress-both emotional and physical, and hereditary factors. White spots and white patches on skin can also be caused by worms in the body. It is possible to treat vitiligo or leucoderma, using home remedies.
|photo credit: anam_uk via photopin cc|
Home Remedies to Get Rid Of White Spots and Patches on SkinHome remedy treatment for white patches on skin is very effective. Following are some of the effective home remedies for leucoderma.
1. Figs and walnuts can be consumed regularly as a home remedy to get rid of white spots and white patches on skin.
2. Rubbing the white spots with fresh figs is also known to make vitiligo patches on skin less prominent.
3. Make a paste of leadwort root and water and apply it over the white patches on your skin. This is one of the effective home remedies for leucoderma.
4. Take a handful of dry pomegranate leaves and grind them into a fine powder. Consume 1 teaspoon of this powder twice in a day with water to treat vitiligo spots on skin.
5. Another one of the effective home remedies for vitiligo would be to make a paste of dried ginger leaves and apply it as a poultice over the white patches on skin.
6. Grind harad in garlic juice to make a thick paste. Use a cotton ball to apply this paste to the white spots on skin twice a day.
7. Consuming a mixture of 100gms each of alfalfa and cucumber juice is also one of the popular remedies for white spots on skin.
8. Mix some lime juice in basil leaves extract, and apply it over the white patches on your skin to stimulate melanin production.
9. Drinking butter milk is one of the useful traditional home remedies to treat vitiligo white spots effectively.
10. Grind about 25 grams of radish seeds and add about one teaspoon of vinegar in it to make a fine paste. It can be applied over the vitiligo spots on your skin.
11. Applying a paste of black grams in water on the affected area serves as an effective home remedy for white patches on skin.
12. One of the most trusted home remedies for leucoderma is the use of turmeric. Apply turmeric mixed with mustard oil over the white spots and white patches on skin.
13. Leucoderma may also be caused by stress that affects the immune system, so it is essential to avoid excess physical and mental stress to help with these white spots and white patches on skin.
14. To treat leucoderma, eat a healthy balanced diet. Increase the consumption of iron rich foods such as green leafy vegetables, liver, meat, cereals, lentils, and beans.
These were a few home remedies for leucoderma that you could try out, to reduce the appearance of the white spots and white patches on your skin.