Get Rid of Vitiligo FastVitiligo also known as Leucoderma, is a skin disorder characterized by a gradual or rapid loss of pigment, or skin color due to immune attacks on melanocytes. Vitiligo is a skin disease that causes white patches or white spots to appear in different areas of the skin. In vitiligo, only the color of the skin is affected. The texture and other skin qualities remain normal. Some people develop segmental vitiligo, where the white patches usually stay on one side of the body. The generalized type of vitiligo is the most common, where the white patches appears on both sides of the body resulting in widely distributed pale patches of skin. Proper skin care and diet are the best ways to restrict the growth of white patches to spread.
|photo credit: aussiegall via photopin cc|
Best Ways for Treating White Patches on SkinHere are some points that vitiligo patients can be followed to get rid of vitiligo fast.
1. One fact to remember is that infrared light is very important in the treatment of vitiligo, these are the early morning sun rays. Vitiligo patients should get 15 to 20 minutes of early morning sunlight exposure for stimulating pigment forming cells to get rid of vitiligo fast.
2. These patients should use sunscreens that have a high sun protection factor to protect skin affected by vitiligo. Pick a product with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 to treat and prevent white patches.
3. Use only a mild, gentle soap preferably glycerine-based, for bathing. Never rub your skin with a towel to dry after a bath as friction can trigger fresh vitiligo lesions.
4. Red clay treatment is best to get rid of vitiligo white patches on skin because it is rich in copper, which helps in re-pigmentation of the skin. Mix red clay with fresh ginger juice in equal proportion and then apply over the white patches. While red clay aids in re-pigmentation, ginger juice serves to increase blood flow to the vitiligo spots.
5. Consumption of foods rich in copper is known to help in treating vitiligo white patches on skin. Copper is found in foods like chard, spinach, sesame seeds, mustard greens, kale, shiitake mushrooms, and cashews.
6. Supplementing with vitamin B12, folic acid, and pantothenic acid has been reported to provide fast relief in vitiligo patients.
7. Vitiligo can be both triggered and worsened by emotional and physical stress hence you must in creative pursuits to stay clear of emotional stress. Lifestyle changes to incorporate practices like meditation, yoga and other relaxation exercises is the best thing you can do in getting rid of vitiligo very fast.
8. Corticosteriod creams are the simplest and safest treatment for vitiligo white patches. Corticosteroid creams or ointments of varying strengths can help regain pigment in small white patches where vitiligo occurs. Since thinning skin is indeed one of the side effects of these creams, it should be used under dermatologist’s care.
9. Photo therapy or light treatment is best for treating vitiligo. Phototherapy is capable of restoring pigment where stores of melanocytes still exist.